Ten Cents' Worth

The jumbled thoughts(read: often completely unrelated) of a husband and father trying to make sense of it all. For those who care, I love Jesus, my wife, and my daughters--they are my life.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Borrowed Thoughts on TAP '05

These are the words of Josh B. Good, whose link you will now find in my sidebar:

I was commenting on the tour that we recently finished...and the ways in which music affects people...in summary of the tour we (the chorus) had something of a cast party (at an absolutely magnificent house with astounding acoustical presence) where we started to sing some of our repertoire just for fun the sheer pleasure in the music and bringing glory to God...this resulted in us in an impromptu method singing virtually all of our songs...without prescribed order/direction...without conduction and without audience...the consequential phenomena was one of the more powerful musical experiences of my life...and in some ways completely singular as it composed a plurality of individuals and concurrent effect...though one cannot accurately replicate or communicate the phenom in written prose (no matter how eloquent) it was a sublime experience...quite mystical in nature... centered in the love of music...the joys of our song...the freedom of performance enabled by practice and rehearsal...all overshadowed by the worship of God...the encouraging of the saints...the expressions of hope...the strength of faith...the mysteriousness of death...and the power of divine, agape love...the gladness of heart...the gladness of heart...the gladness of heart...the gladness of heart as when one goes with a pipe to come into the mountain of the Lord...the desire for God...Come to us O Lord in splendor bright, Fill our hearts with everlasting light...

And I thought I used big words...

But I know what he's saying. My brother-in-law, Titus B., said similar things tonight. He felt that this was the most powerful musical experience he'd ever had. I just really wish I could have heard them in concert. I'm eagerly anticipating that recording Benji's working on.

I want to hear By...FLY!

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Truthseeker said...

Paul, sounds like we really missed a wonderful worship experience! Sorry that I didn't get to Catlett or Aroda, bummer!

Josh, Ben, Crystal, and Ginger sang Larry Nichols "True Evangelical Faith" for Sunday school devotional that was just fantastic! I just regret that the recording system was not on to capture it. I cannot wait for the family to do a CD. This is one musically blessed family.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Dave said...

I was fortunate and privileged to be a part of Tap '05, and that extremely. The Sunday night party that Josh referred to turned out to hold for me the most powerful musical experience in my life. It was absolutely awesome, gripping, thrilling and sobering. Something of the collective power of music, singing, worship, looking at each other around the circle, a total unity and one-ness in music and fellowship... Absolutely inspiring! Josh described it much better than I could; I simply agree. The video clips brought back some of the same sensations... Only they left me desperately longing to be there/do it again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home